[quagga-dev 4359] Re: OSPF MANET extensions

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Wed Sep 13 14:46:28 BST 2006

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, V.Kukushkin wrote:

> My intention is to try WOSPF on our wireless network. I've built
> 0.98.5 with Kenneth Holter's patch for that.

> My Questions are:

> Are there any configuration issues for this mode/interface ?

No. It's compile time it seems. If you build with 'WOSP' defined,
WOSPF is enabled always. Presumably there is a negotiation aspect to
this.

> How to configure OLSR protocol ?

It doesn't implement OLSR, it implements a certain set of proposed
MANET extensions to OSPF. Some of those behavioural extensions
(flooding mechanisms) may be defined for OLSR, but this patch doesn't
get you OLSR.

> Where can I get some additional information (except of
> master thesis of Kenneth) ?

There's that and there's the patch I think.

It is so very hard to be an
on-your-own-take-care-of-yourself-because-there-is-no-one-else-to-do-it-for-you
grown-up.