[quagga-dev 4365] Re: bgpd printf size_t warning

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Tue Sep 19 16:43:42 BST 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Andrew J. Schorr wrote:

> Any reason not to apply this trivial patch?  It seems like it was
> more work to have added the "XXX: warning" message than to patch
> the problem.  Or am I missing something subtle?

I think it might just shift the warning to another architecture :).
Last I tried I couldn't find the magic format to make it /not/ warn
on both i386 and amd64 at same time with gcc..

The cast will obviously work though, yes.

The real solution though is C99 %z, but not everything supports it.

But no strong opinion on the matter myself, other than a general
aversion to casting away warnings. :)

panic: kernel segmentation violation. core dumped		(only kidding)