[quagga-dev 4378] Re: multipath policy support for quagga

Piotr Chytla pch at packetconsulting.pl
Wed Sep 20 17:59:53 BST 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 08:59:51AM -0400, Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:
> > This sounds interesting, but I have a preliminary stupid question:
> > where is this linux multipath policy feature documented?
> > I couldn't find it with google...
>
> linux/net/ipv4/Kconfig:
>
> config IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH
>         bool "IP: equal cost multipath"
>         depends on IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER
>         help
>           Normally, the routing tables specify a single action to be taken in
>           a deterministic manner for a given packet. If you say Y here
>           however, it becomes possible to attach several actions to a packet
>           pattern, in effect specifying several alternative paths to travel
>           for those packets. The router considers all these paths to be of
>           equal "cost" and chooses one of them in a non-deterministic fashion
>           if a matching packet arrives.

[..]

Pricessly, the best docs for multipath policy are in linux/net/ipv4/Kconfig :),
besides that iproute.c from iproute2 source and kernel side in
linux/include/net/ip_mp_alg.h - multipath_select_route() function.

/pch

--
Dyslexia bug unpatched since 1977 ...
exploit has been leaked to the underground.