[quagga-dev 4388] Re: Eigrp ???

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Sat Sep 23 10:15:14 BST 2006

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Ashish Karpe wrote:

> Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) is a Cisco
> proprietary routing protocol ................... so implementing it
> for zebra/quagga as Open Eigrp !!! will it have any issues ???

Well, it'd be a good bit of work for one thing, no doubt.

> also would like to know current security Vulnerabilities issuses in
> routing protocls supported by zebra/quagga protocols as well as those
> in not-supported protocls !!

In Quagga, there are none we are aware of at this time. Our last
security issue was a RIPv1/RIPv2 authentication behaviour issue, see
the news announcements on www.quagga.net, bugzilla and the
discussions here.

If you mean issues in the design of routing protocols generally, you
probably should look at the drafts from the RPSec IETF working group.

Marriage is the sole cause of divorce.