[quagga-dev 4395] Re: bgpd printf size_t warning

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Sun Sep 24 07:28:35 BST 2006

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Andrew J. Schorr wrote:

> (although that's certainly not a generally safe assumption, and
> definitely not as safe as the sizeof(size_t) <= sizeof(unsigned
> long) assumption that I was making).

I've no strong opinion really, more just trying to explain why
(having fiddled with those printf's in the past) I didn't add the
cast.

For fully typed function calls, the cast happens anyway (I /think/) -
not sure to what extent that still happens for 'printf' argument
lists (printf being 'special', at least for gcc).

I'm quite happy with whatever you think is best - I shall defer to
your better judgement. :)

We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from the
machinations of the wicked.