[quagga-dev 4396] Re: bgpd printf size_t warning

Andrew J. Schorr aschorr at telemetry-investments.com
Sun Sep 24 15:30:54 BST 2006

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 07:28:35AM +0100, Paul Jakma wrote:
> I've no strong opinion really, more just trying to explain why
> (having fiddled with those printf's in the past) I didn't add the
> cast.

I guess the issue for me is whether you really want all those
warning messages.  Yes, they could one day serve as a reminder
to use %zu.  But on the other hand, they currently serve to obscure
the more important warning messages that may be indicative of
real bugs in the code.  As it is, there are so many warning messages
in many of the quagga files, that I tend to ignore them all.

My personal practice is to try to write code that has no warning messages.
That way, if I see a message, I know that it actually merits investigation...

Regards,
Andy