[quagga-dev 5007] Re: Small BGP dump code cleanups

Erik Romijn eromijn at ripe.net
Wed Aug 1 14:58:33 BST 2007

On Jun 29, 2007, at 1:27 AM, Lorenzo Colitti wrote:
> I've been working on making the dump code run at a lower priority
> than the rest of bgpd in order to fix the "drop keepalives while
> dumping" problem that affects Quagga when it's used as a route
> collector.

Keep in mind that the ASN32 patch includes many changes for dump code
- almost all code for TABLE_DUMP dumping was removed, and replaced by
code to dump in TABLE_DUMP_V2 standard. There are also changes in
other areas of the dump code, but not as major, as far as I remember.

Also, I've noticed that when I upgraded from quagga 0.96 to 0.99.6,
all my keepalive-drop issues disappeared. With 0.96, quagga would
come to a complete halt while doing a dump, which could take up to 3
minutes. This could cause sessions to reset.
With 0.99.6, this has never occurred. I don't know whether the code
improving this behaviour is also in 0.98...

cheers,
--
Erik Romijn                 RIPE NCC software engineer
http://www.ripe.net/        Information Services dept.