[quagga-dev 5020] Re: 0.99.8 & FreeBSD compilation

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Fri Aug 3 15:44:44 BST 2007

Boris Kovalenko <boris at tagnet.ru> writes:

>    I'm not sure about general pam spec, but the OpenPAM requires
> that. Unfortunately I have no experience with autotools so I can not
> provide patch for configure.ac. IMHO this should be something like
> #if defined(__FreeBSD__)
> #include <security/pam_types.h>
> #endif
>
> in section of QUAGGA_INCLUDES

This problem is very about OpenPAM instead of FreeBSD, so I would like
any fix to be general - just adding an include on FreeBSD seems awkward.

NetBSD also has openpam and thus pam_types.h as above.  Is this file
present on Solaris and Linux?  If so, we cna perhaps just include it.
But I'd really like to know what the PAM API spec says about how
programs are supposed to behave.