[quagga-dev 5022] Re: [Zebra-pj-commit] "quagga/solaris Makefile.am"

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Mon Aug 6 13:23:15 BST 2007

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Hasso Tepper wrote:

> Btw, there is only GNU extension used in these files: '%' style
> pattern rules. It shouldn't be so hard to remove these, making
> Quagga compatible with BSD/Solaris makes.

Feel free to make the rules BSD/Solaris make compatible.

FWIW Solaris make should support % in patterns, and in macro
replacements:

   http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-5165/6mbb0m9ln?a=view

I don't know why it complains. I eventually just added the GNU
requirement, cause it would have been required for BSD anyway and
gmake is such a common dependency anyway..

Do you think that illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?