[quagga-dev 4575] Quagga 'client'?

Daniel Ng daniel_ng11 at lycos.com
Wed Feb 7 01:09:51 GMT 2007

(Sorry I should have posted here first, instead of on quagga.users)

Hi,

I would like to develop an application that interfaces with the various Quagga
daemons to do things such as:

-query the Zebra daemon's routing table
-disable/enable ospf
-add static routes

Would you recommend that I design the app so that it interfaces with the VTY
servers ie. the app will have to do a lot of text processing of telnet prompts
and responses? Or should I extend the Zebra protocol to have new packet types
such as a 'Query Routing Table Command' and 'Query Routing Table Response'?

Or is there a better way?

Cheers,
Daniel