[quagga-dev 4596] Re: ospfd placing incorrect routes into the routing table

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Tue Feb 27 15:28:35 GMT 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Mario Kinsman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone heard of an issue where ospfd places routes into the
> routing table that contain an incorrect next hop for the
> destination network? I am having an issue where I have 3 gre over
> IPSec tunnels set up on 4 different machines all running fedora 6.
> My setup is below. Note for instance in the Augusta routing table,
> route to 172.16.101.9 points to next hop of 172.16.101.18 when it
> should point to 172.16.101.6 since that is the next hop to the
> Arlington box where 172.16.101.9 lives but instead it is pointing
> through the Ashburn box. this is happening on multiple boxes for
> multiple routes. Is this a bug?

Depends..

> Or is it a config error on my part. This config is pretty straight forward,

Can you give the config?

> I dont see where I have made any error.
> I am using Quagga V0.98.6.

Could you demonstrate the problem using output from the following
commands:

  'show ip ospf route' (ospfd)
  'show ip route <prefix>'  (zebra)

Cause the netstat output you gave, those routes could be from
anything, e.g. from static routes that /didn't/ come from Quagga..

He that teaches himself has a fool for a master.
 		-- Benjamin Franklin