[quagga-dev 4642] about adaptive routing

maozhaoyang mzy.911 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 14:11:28 BST 2007

Hello:
      We are now in a project to improve the quality of routing using quagga
0.98. For the current Quagga when a packet comes to the linux kernel for
routing,it will check the route in the routing table(FIB). If it can not
find the way, the packet will be dropped. Am I right?

       Now our task is to do some modifications about the zebra code and the
linux kernel code. If the packet can not find the way in the FIB, linux
kernel should automatically inform the RIB and check if there is any route
in the RIB instead of dropping the packet.

       Because this field is a totally new field for us, could anybody tell
me where should i do the modifications and how to do it? thank you!
--
NO DREAMS TOO BIG
NO DISTANCE TOO LONG