[quagga-dev 5145] Shadowing Daemon (implementing callback from zclient.h)

Eric Keller ekeller at Princeton.EDU
Fri Nov 30 15:31:10 GMT 2007

I looked through the archives, and this post seemed to be most relevant,
but doesn't completely answer my question.

Extracting routes from bgpd
http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-dev/2007-August/005044.html
<http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-dev/2007-August/005048.html>

For my project, I created a shadowing daemon using the zebra_client
interface.  I'm doing this since I am using a custom data plane -
implemented in an FPGA, though we're finding that this will be useful
for several other projects (e.g. using Click as the forwarding plane).
I am testing using "ip route" and I can see add's and deletes fine, but
when I do an "ip route change ...", I do not see any updates to the
shadowing daemon.

Is this expected behavior, or could someone quickly point me in the
right direction of how I can get the updates?

These are the call backs which I provided functions for (from zclient.h):

  /* Pointer to the callback functions. */
//  int (*router_id_update) (int, struct zclient *, zebra_size_t); //
didn't implement
  int (*interface_add) (int, struct zclient *, zebra_size_t);
  int (*interface_delete) (int, struct zclient *, zebra_size_t);
  int (*interface_up) (int, struct zclient *, zebra_size_t);
  int (*interface_down) (int, struct zclient *, zebra_size_t);
  int (*interface_address_add) (int, struct zclient *, zebra_size_t);
  int (*interface_address_delete) (int, struct zclient *, zebra_size_t);
  int (*ipv4_route_add) (int, struct zclient *, zebra_size_t);
  int (*ipv4_route_delete) (int, struct zclient *, zebra_size_t);
//  int (*ipv6_route_add) (int, struct zclient *, zebra_size_t);  //
didn't implement
//  int (*ipv6_route_delete) (int, struct zclient *, zebra_size_t);  //
didn't implement

If I can get this to work, I am more than happy to integrate my code
back into Quagga (if there is interest).

Thanks,
Eric Keller