[quagga-dev 5146] Re: Shadowing Daemon (implementing callback from zclient.h)

Paul Jakma Paul.Jakma at Sun.COM
Fri Nov 30 16:55:58 GMT 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Eric Keller wrote:

> For my project, I created a shadowing daemon using the zebra_client
> interface.  I'm doing this since I am using a custom data plane -
> implemented in an FPGA, though we're finding that this will be useful
> for several other projects (e.g. using Click as the forwarding plane).

Interesting ;).

> I am testing using "ip route" and I can see add's and deletes fine,
> but when I do an "ip route change ...", I do not see any updates to
> the shadowing daemon. Is this expected behavior,

That depends, what did you change?

> or could someone quickly point me in the right direction of how I can
> get the updates?

In theory, if the change is something that zebra cares about, you should
see a delete/add issued on the Zserv protocol. It's possible you're
changing that something that zebra isn't taking into consideration
(which should be fixable).

Login to the zebra telnet interface (port 2601 by default, if not
disabled), and set 'debug zebra kernel', then either configure a log
file, or issue 'terminal monitor' and see what happens when route
changes.

Paul Jakma,
Solaris Networking                       Sun Microsystems, Scotland
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/quagga tel: EMEA x73150 / +44 15066 73150