[quagga-dev 5253] Proposed GCC flags to enhance security

Christian Hammers ch at debian.org
Tue Feb 5 10:02:10 GMT 2008

Hello

A group of Debian developers assembled a list of GCC options like
"-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=", "-pie" or "-fstack-protector" that can be
used to simply increase the security of the applications without changing
the code.

Quagga compiles fine with them but I did not actually test if it works as
expected. I upload the patched Quagga to Debian unstable though and let
others do :) Maybe you like to experiment with them, too, and incorporate
them into the main Makefile.

The list together with explanations is here: http://wiki.debian.org/Hardening

bye,

-christian-