[quagga-dev 5256] Re: OSPF HMAC-SHA

paul at clubi.ie paul at clubi.ie
Thu Feb 7 16:53:39 GMT 2008

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, John Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any plan to implement draft-ietf-ospf-hmac-sha-02.txt in Quagga?

IWBN. Patches would be appreciated.

> Do Quagga users want to use HMAC-SHA authentication in their networks?

No doubt.

NB: My understanding is that, at this time, the 2nd pre-image attacks
on MD5 require full knowledge of the message (and so the password).
I.e. there is no known 1st pre-image attack on MD5, at this time.
I.e. MD5 in HMAC mode is not broken yet.

THEGODDESSOFTHENETHASTWISTINGFINGERSANDHERVOICEISLIKEAJAVELININTHENIGHTDUDE