[quagga-dev 5284] Re: mes_lookup / LOOKUP robustness

Paul Jakma Paul.Jakma at Sun.COM
Fri Feb 29 20:01:03 GMT 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, James Carlson wrote:

> I wouldn't think so.  pnt->str == NULL means that the table has an
> explicit entry that intentionally maps to NULL.  Either the caller
> meant for that to happen, or it's a caller coding error.

That's what I was thinking too. If the user puts an entry in with NULL,
then that's what they get. :)

> At most, this function could assert pnt->str != NULL, but I don't
> think this is the same condition as in the other look-up function.

FWIW, I've putback the changes. I might try convert a few of the obvious
internal ones in ospfd perhaps to a new macro that passes NULL as the
"unknown index" pointer.

Paul Jakma,
Solaris Networking                       Sun Microsystems, Scotland
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/quagga tel: EMEA x73150 / +44 15066 73150