[quagga-dev 5534] Re: Bug tracking system for Quagga

paul at clubi.ie paul at clubi.ie
Tue Jul 1 13:39:24 BST 2008

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:

> Almost all Trac functionality is implemented as plugins, some are
> just not distributed with the main tarball.  That said, the SCM
> plugins other than the SVN plugin are of varying quality.  An
> example what you get with the Git plugin is here:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/koji/browser

Interesting, so that's a fairly major project that is using Trac with
an SCM /other/ than SVN?

What are the downsides to Trac? Two I've heard elsewhere are:

- new users have to be added via the command line (does the webadmin
   plugin fix that?)
- upgrades might be tricky (but same can be said of bugzilla)

If we were to try Trac, does it have any bug-data export
functionality in case things go wrong (e.g. bugzilla has an XML
interface (though it doesnt export attachments in the version we
have, grr..))?

The number of feet in a yard is directly proportional to the success
of the barbecue.