[quagga-dev 5493] Re: [quagga-users 9626] MD5 Support - 0.99.10

paul at clubi.ie paul at clubi.ie
Sat Jun 14 00:03:02 BST 2008

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> has me really confused.  Now, instead of setting the password on
> the connected peer's socket, that's setting the password on the
> listen socket after copying the address structure from the peer's
> socket.

Well, setting or changing the password clears a session. So any time
you set, the session almost certainly has to be down - only the
listen socket then needs to have the password applied. An outbound
BGP connection gets the password set in bgp_connect().

Still wondering if we really need the seperate v6 socket though
(IPV6_ONLY isnt too portable afaict, and non-portable hacks reduce
test-coverage).

 	http://www.quagga.net/commercial.php#jakma
Fortune:
"It's like deja vu all over again."   -- Yogi Berra