[quagga-dev 6453] Re: OSPF passive interface question.

Joakim Tjernlund Joakim.Tjernlund at transmode.se
Wed Mar 4 15:14:44 GMT 2009

> > Hi Joakim,
> >
> > I tried with c871---quagga, but could not reproduce with this simple
> > setup, with redistributing routes 6.6.6.6/32 from cisco to quagga, and
> > 7.7.7.7/32 from quagga to cisco.
>
> Hi Fritz, thanks for trying. See below ..
>
> [SNIP]
>

> > So this either means it cannot be reproduces with redistributes, or
with
> > only 2 routes back to back, or the bug is in the way quagga takes the
> > interface to passive.
>
> Don't think you can reproduce with only two routers. You need atleast 3:
>
> R1 --- R2 --- R3
>
> Set passive on R2, towards R1.
> Check in R1 if you still got routes to R3

I am staring at zebra_rib.c and I think I know why this happens. The
routes to be deleted are
in the "meta" queue and when rib_delete_ipv4() is called it only
looks for the route to delete in the normal route table and it cannot find
the
route there so nothing happens.

Denis, I think you are the author of the meta queue code so I hope you can
fix this, assuming I am correct.

 Jocke