[quagga-dev 7297] Re: BGP_INFO_HISTORY question

Balaji G balajig81 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 06:11:54 BST 2009

Hi

You cannot use BGP_INFO_HISTORY because when you enable bgp dampening and
when the interval gets timed out the route becomes history.

To check whether its a newly received route you could iterate the rib and
find out whether this route is already installed if not install it. you need
to check whether the route information is same or not.

I believe this logic is already in place in bgp_update_main. Kindly check

Thanks,
Cheers,
 - Balaji