[quagga-dev 7299] Re: BGP_INFO_HISTORY question

paul at jakma.org paul at jakma.org
Thu Oct 15 18:09:39 BST 2009

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, Ruichuan Chen wrote:

> I am writing to inquire whether we could use the command "!
> CHECK_FLAG (ri->flags, BGP_INFO_HISTORY)" in function
> "bgp_best_selection" to identify whether the bgp_info ri is newly
> received?

No, probably not. Add a new flag that has your exact desired
semantics.

> And, what is the exact meaning of the BGP_INFO_HISTORY flag?

It means the route is NOT a current entry in the RIB and is there
solely for historical reference purposes - it should generally be
ignored.

The primary use for historical routes is route flap-dampening.

Paul Jakma	paul at jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune:
Anger is momentary madness.
 		-- Horace