[quagga-dev 7725] Re: ospfd: network LSA origination/refresh cleanups and optimisations

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Mon Feb 1 16:47:25 GMT 2010

> Hi,
>
> The following series of patches cleanup the network and router LSA refresh
> logic a bit.  They had their own timers, and various bits of code had to
> remember to twiddle those at the right point.  These LSA types now use the
> same refresh logic as all the rest.
>
> Additionally, we were forgetting the network LSA sequence number if an
> interface went away and came back.  I've added a little cache, to help make
> re-synchronisation after a quick interface down/up event avoid some needless
> back-forth.  It might also possibly workaround a vague bug somewhere.

Just FYI, I recall that there may be something similar for the router LSA.
It *seemed* that after a reboot one can receive your own router LSA before
you have generated your first router LSA after the reboot. In this case one
does not remember the seq. num for the incoming router LSA so the first router
LSA will start with initial seq. number.
See ospf_process_self_originated_lsa() for details.

    Jocke