[quagga-dev 7728] Re: ospfd: network LSA origination/refresh cleanups and optimisations

paul at jakma.org paul at jakma.org
Mon Feb 1 17:18:41 GMT 2010

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> Just FYI, I recall that there may be something similar for the
> router LSA. It *seemed* that after a reboot one can receive your
> own router LSA before you have generated your first router LSA
> after the reboot. In this case one does not remember the seq. num
> for the incoming router LSA so the first router LSA will start with
> initial seq. number. See ospf_process_self_originated_lsa() for
> details.

It shouldn't matter really. Your neighbour should tell you "Nope I've
got something newer" and the local router should re-originate with a
higher seqnum.

Router LSAs don't flap often however. Network LSAs can, and this
patch should help avoid a few rounds of messages.

Paul Jakma	paul at jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune:
You learn to write as if to someone else because NEXT YEAR YOU WILL BE
"SOMEONE ELSE."