[quagga-dev 7791] Re: IPv6 Multicast Hop Limit for OSPFv3

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Wed Feb 10 13:46:11 GMT 2010

On 09/02/2010 23:58, Mike Pontillo wrote:
>    Is this something worth fixing in Quagga? (I already plan to nag
> about getting the proprietary implementation fixed.)

I meant to give a +1 to the idea but not to the implementation.  Bear in
mind that at some stage in the future, quagga might see a proper BGP
ttl-security patch (one of these days when I get a few moments) and
possibly some time later, ospf ttl-security:

http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-dev/2008-November/006116.html

So if you're going to implement ospf6_set_hop_limit(), it might be better
to put it into sockunion.c, make it ipv4 + ipv6 compliant and also ensure
that it can take an argument.

Nick