[quagga-dev 7794] Re: IPv6 Multicast Hop Limit for OSPFv3

paul at jakma.org paul at jakma.org
Thu Feb 11 15:51:47 GMT 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Mike Pontillo wrote:

> unicast TTL.I'm thinking we create a sockopt_mcast_ttl(family, sock,
> ttl), then, and have it set IP_MULTICAST_TTL and IPV6_MULTICAST_HOPS,
> depending on the family. Sound good?

Yep.

> What do you think about the #ifdef? I would rather remove it, but I am
> only testing on a relatively recent Linux distribution, so I'm not
> sure how pervasive support is for those socket options. I can change
> the #ifdef strategy to be more like the one in sockunion.c, where it
> checks for #ifdef IP_TTL and #ifdef HAVE_IPV6, which seems cleaner.

Would conditional on IPV6_MULTICAST_HOPS not work? Then its bound
directly to the feature and there's least scope for it going wrong,
or ...?

Paul Jakma	paul at jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune:
Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semicolon.
 		-- Epigrams in Programming, ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982