[quagga-dev 7581] Re: Problem with starting OSPF threads whenever time is synchronized via SNTP

paul at jakma.org paul at jakma.org
Tue Jan 5 20:17:28 GMT 2010

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010, paul at jakma.org wrote:

> - If you use MD5 auth, OSPF uses the TOD to seed the sequence number,
>  so no adjacencies until your TOD is reset.

Ah, this one might be not that bad. I think actually it's just "no
OSPF adjacencies until the dead-timer runs out on your neighbours".

Still, point remains, sometimes we need an externally-visible
monotonic counter and TOD clock is what we'll use.

Paul Jakma	paul at jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune:
The monitor needs another box of pixels.