[quagga-dev 8040] Re: configure bgp multiple instance

paul at jakma.org paul at jakma.org
Mon Jun 21 10:39:17 BST 2010

Hi,

Oh, seems I was wrong. Quagga only matches the connections by the
remote IP. So the /remote/ host will need to use update-source too.

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, Jiangtao Yin wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
>    Thank you very much.
>
>    I have some confuse about bgp multiple-instance. How configure
> bgp multiple-instance not multiple views? When I configure like
> this:

> bgp multiple-instance
> router bgp 7675
> bgp router-id 192.168.0.12
> neighbor 192.168.0.22 remote-as 7675
> !
> router bgp 7676
> bgp router-id 192.168.0.14
> neighbor 192.168.0.2 remote-as 7675
>
> There is an error:
> BGP view name and AS number mismatch
> BGP instance is already running; AS is 7675
>
> If I configure the same AS number, there is no error. But I think at
> this time, it is the same with only one instance. And, is there
> command to show routing table or something from different instances
> (we know for views, there are commands, for example, show ip bgp view
> 1)?

I'm confused, are views and instances not the same thing?

Paul Jakma	paul at jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune:
Well, you know, no matter where you go, there you are.
 		-- Buckaroo Banzai