[quagga-dev 7896] telnet disable on 2602

kalyan Alle kalyan.alle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 07:51:58 GMT 2010

Hi,
Can anybody tell the solution how to disable the telnet port 2602 for ripd.
I want to block telnet listener for port 2602(rip port).
This is for security issues. I dont want someone to telnet to the box and
change the configuration .
My changes are as follows:

int vty_port = RIP_VTY_PORT;   /* this is the existing code */

int vty_port =0;  /* this is the code added by me */
i have done this because i dont want to listen on the tcp/ip ports
let me know if this is correct or i can solve it someother way.

thanks
kalyan alle