[quagga-dev 8359] Re: quagga snmp

David Lamparter equinox at diac24.net
Thu Nov 18 17:00:27 GMT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 07:41:13PM +0100, Quagga Snmp wrote:
> I'm a new user in this list.

you're a new user without a name... please tell your name.

> I`m working with quagga in a project of my University ( in Madrid ). The
> project is about implementing the SNMP protocol in Quagga without SMUX.
> Does anyone know about it?
>
> The target of my project is that you can install the quagga suite (e.g. in a
> PC), and immediately you can do "snmpget" from another PC and receive the
> answer. Also, the first PC can send a "snmptrap" to the other PC.
> Is anyone working on this?

I've done some work on implementing AgentX support for quagga, but for
some reason i never got snmpd to dispatch requests to me; since my time
is limited i gave up trying to debug it. I didn't get very far.

Generally, implementing AgentX support is probably the most sensible way
to do this. You do NOT want to implement an SNMP agent directly into
quagga.

I can push my git branch of this if you're interested.

-David