[quagga-dev 8309] Re: zalloc rules

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Tue Sep 21 14:00:53 BST 2010

Nick Hilliard <nick at inex.ie> writes:

> On 21/09/2010 11:34, paul at jakma.org wrote:
>> Yeah, that'd be interesting alright. Problem is, will the person whose
>> router hits the assert find it interesting?
>
> if it's a compile-time option on a dev branch, then whoever's running
> the code has the option to disable these asserts.

Just to clarify:

  I checked in *comment changes only* on master, documenting what I
  think makes sense and what I think the author of the code was
  thinking.

  On the branch 'debug.zrealloc', based on the previous commit, I
  checked in zasserts.  These are not a compile time option.  But if you
  don't "git checkout debug.zrealloc" you won't see them.

> I'd agree that it
> would be quite inappropriate to panic in this situation on a stable
> branch.

Agreed.