[quagga-dev 8988] Predictable Periodic Dumps

Dongting Yu dongting.yu at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Dec 9 18:24:45 GMT 2011

Hello,

In my bgp session I want to have a dump of the whole table every day:
dump bgp routes-mrt /path/table.%Y%m%d.%H%M 1440m
However, it seems that since it is a whole day (as opposed to, say,
every hour), predictable time is not applied, and dumps from the above
config are performed every 24 hours starting from when I started bgpd.
It is much more preferred to have this done at midnight.

The source code says (bgpd/bgp_dump.c, line 149):
if ((interval < 86400) && ((86400 % interval) == 0))
Should the '<' be a '<=' ?

I have tried searching for similar posts but have not seen this issue
being raised before. Sorry if it has been discussed previously.

Thanks,
Dongting