[quagga-dev 8995] MP-BGP Patches

Balaji G balajig81 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 03:21:36 GMT 2011

Hello Everybody

I am working on enhancing the current BGP code for it to support the
Multi-Protocol extensions (RFC 2858). My changes are more specific to
addressing the Multicast address family. I have made the changes and have
done testing for the same and have committed my changes to my github
repository. The code was reviewed earlier by Paul and have made changes to
it since then and have checked in this to my repository.

It would be really nice if someone could have a look at my commits and let
me know your comments on the same. Some of the commits for MP-BGP are
already into Quagga-RE-testing repository. The following wiki link has got
the commit IDs

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/quagga/index.php?title=ReleaseEngineering#Multi-Protocol_extensions_for_BGP.28MULTICAST.29_.5BRFC_2858.5D_-_G_Balaji

My github repository is at https://github.com/balajig/quagga-devel

My work becomes the base for integrating PIM which i plan to. MP-BGP and
PIM should work seamlessly. I have tested my work from functionality point
of view and it works as it should be, though this is a work in progress
still and would be adding more functionality to it in the weeks to come.

Awaiting your comments and suggestions if any.

Thanks,
Cheers,
  - Balaji