[quagga-dev 8477] Re: Serious FIB<->RIB problem only affecting IPv6

Jan Hugo Prins jhp at jhprins.org
Tue Jan 11 23:23:31 GMT 2011

On 12/01/2010 02:09 PM, Martin Millnert wrote:
> If I start either the IPv6 ebgp or ibgp manually, all received routes to
> the RIB are successfully installed into the FIB.
> But as soon as I start the second (e|i)bgp-link, Quagga logs "2010/12/01
> 11:23:03 ZEBRA: netlink-cmd error: Cannot allocate memory,
> type=RTM_NEWROUTE(24), seq=21196746, pid=0"
I just noticed the same problem on my BPG routers. I can't say when it
started, but it has been going on for a longer period of time, at least
4 weeks.

>From my uplinks I receive around 4100 routes.
In my router table are 3918 routes, and this includes internal routes
that come from OSPF.

This means I'm missing routes on the IPv6 internet.

Is someone allready working on a fix on this problem?
I can't believe that we are the only one having this problem.
Running 0.99.15 at the moment.

Jan Hugo Prins