[quagga-dev 8724] Re: Quagga BGP support for ipv6 over ipv4 transport

sumi sumi.techno at gmail.com
Thu May 5 17:57:20 BST 2011

Hi David,
Sorry, I missed to read the reply for quite a while.
I was looking for an option to advertise IPV6 routes over IPV4 peers. I have
a router configured with BGP peers over IPV4 address. And have the IPV6
addresses in some local network. How can the router advertise these ipv6
internal network thru the previous established IPV4 peering?
In a normal scenario, one needs to create IPV6 peers and advertise these
routes. But how to achieve this without explicit ipv6 peering. Is it clear
now?

Good news is we found a working configuration with quagga to achieve the
above goal. :-)

Thank You!
Niki