[quagga-dev 8730] Re: BGP timer

Ziyad Basheer ziyadbasheer213 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 18:49:19 BST 2011

Hi Huq, I'm not a quagga dev nor user, just a networking enthusiast. But let
me answer your questions.

*1. Does Quagga sent out update messages right after something has changed?
Or does it do so after a certain period of time?*

Regardless of whether it's Quagga or not, The RFC specifies that changes are
propagated using BGP UPDATE messages, so I would assume it would.

*2. Is there a minimum interval time between 2 consecutive update messages?*

Not as far as I know, no.

*3. Is there any way to set a timer so that Quagga sends update messages
after a time interval of my choosing.*

I'll let one of the devs or users take that one.

Ziyad Basheer