[quagga-dev 8731] Re: BGP timer

Balaji G balajig81 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 19:19:54 BST 2011

>1. Does Quagga sent out update messages right after something has changed?
Or does it do so after a certain period of time?
Updates are sent only if there is a change in the topology and not
periodically like other routing protocols viz, RIP

>2. Is there a minimum interval time between 2 consecutive update messages?
The minimum hold time value is 3 sec and Keepalive is 60 seconds. The hold
timer value is negotiated between the neighbors. The lower value is taken.

3. Is there any way to set a timer so that Quagga sends update messages
after a time interval of my choosing.
Refer Point 1. Updates are sent once there is a change in topology. You
cannot control when to send updates.

Thanks,
Cheers,
  - Balaji