[quagga-dev 8812] Re: Excessive memory usage in bgpd

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Tue Sep 6 15:33:20 BST 2011

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, "Oleg A. Arkhangelsky" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I noticed high memory usage in bgpd after upgrading to Quagga 0.99.18.
> Haven't dig deeper but looks like after reverting:
>
> bgpd: Implement revised error handling for partial optional/trans. attributes
>
> .. memory usage back to normal.

Can you telnet to the bgpd vty interface and get 'show memory' output? Can
you narrow down where it's leaking? What do you mean by "excessive memory
usage"? etc.

Paul Jakma  paul at jakma.org  twitter: @pjakma  PGP: 64A2FF6A
Fortune:
<JALH> regex are more than some crappy posix thing
<JALH> they are an art form

 	- Marc Zealey on #kernelnewbies