[quagga-dev 8824] Re: RE-0.99.17.3

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Fri Sep 9 20:38:40 BST 2011

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Denis Ovsienko wrote:

> I appreciate the pre-0.99.18 work done by Paul WRT ospfd and hope to
> confirm eventually, that it works for me as good as it worked for him.

To be clear, that work was done under contract for a large corporate. I've
given what details I can of their setup before (unfortunately, they're
very secretive) - reasonably large and an unusually dynamic network. I'm
pretty sure they're pushing ospfd to the limit (e.g. several of the
patches address performance issues that only crop up if you /really/ push
OSPF to the limits).

It was the customer who did the testing, not me. There were a number of
iterations of fixing problems and having them test them out, and I also
spent a week with them onsite to pin-down the final few problems (which
turned out partly to be in their drivers). This was done on their test
network - which I suspect is larger than many /actual/ decent-sized
networks ;). Since then it's worked well in several production
deployments.

Anyway...
--
Paul Jakma	paul at jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A