[quagga-dev 8842] Re: New feature idea- "LAN Sensing"- provide a useable route to a broken LAN

Daniel Ng daniel.ng1234 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 06:09:05 BST 2011

2011/9/13 Humberto Jucá <betolj at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> If I understand correctly, this is already provided natively by the
> protocol.
> So, this can be done by setting a virtual link (in other area) with
> your ospf backbone.
>
> I have an area set up this way (providing a link redundancy).

Hi Jucá, that's great! Would you mind posting a sample ospfd config to the
list?

I thought Virtual Links were for virtually connecting a Non-Backbone Area to
the Backbone Area. However, my entire network is quite small, so everything
is in the Backbone Area. So how can Virtual Links work in this situation?

Cheers,
Daniel