[quagga-dev 8854] programatically interacting with quagga

Ramin Dousti dousti at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 14:55:49 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm working on a project that requires me to interact with quagga
programatically. More specifically, I'd need to #1 change the bgp
config, as well as #2 extract bgp route information received from
peers. Any pointer would be appreciated.

One posibility is to use an expect-like script to interact with vtysh,
however, this approach seems ineffecient. I also tried to look into
vtysh code and see if i could piggyback off of that code but couldn't
find the right place for that interaction. Can someone point me to the
right direction?

Thanks in advance.

--
Ramin