[quagga-dev 8856] Re: programatically interacting with quagga

Ramin Dousti dousti at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 20:45:05 BST 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 7:47 AM, Nick Hilliard <nick at inex.ie> wrote:
>> I'm working on a project that requires me to interact with quagga
>> programatically. More specifically, I'd need to #1 change the bgp
>> config
>
> vtysh+expect.

Yes, that's what I'm doing, more specifically libexpect.so, since it
is a c(++) application and C<->expect<->vtysh would have been
suboptimal. However, it would have been nice to have had some library
for this kind of interaction.

>> as well as #2 extract bgp route information received from
>> peers. Any pointer would be appreciated.
>
> "dump bgp routes-mrt" + offline analysis?

No, basically I need to:

1- see if a given route exists in the bgp table (#2)
2- add a network to bgp (#1)
3- remove a network from bgp (#1)

Thank you, Nick, for the reply.