[quagga-dev 8861] Re: Where can we get documentation to implement new protocol (LDP) ...

David Lamparter equinox at diac24.net
Fri Sep 23 14:01:15 BST 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 01:39:57PM +0200, Sébastien Cramatte wrote:
> Yes I know but  is support for an old version of Quagga (I believe that is
> for 0.98)  . Since Quagga RIB change in version 0.99  it's imposible to
> compile it properly.
[...]
>>> Where can I get full documentation about how to implement new protocol and
>>> create customs functions  for Quagga ?

The solution to that issue is _not_ implementing a "new" protocol for
quagga. The implementation is already there; if you want/need it, you
need to put some work into the existing code and forward-port it.

Take the existing code, read it, look at the changes to quagga's rib and
adapt the code so it works again.

And don't do it in the private, make an announcement of what and where
you're doing it, with a public git, so people can look at it and maybe
even contribute.

-David