[quagga-dev 8882] Re: LSA checksum error on quagga 0.99.17

Jaroslav Fojtik jafojtik at seznam.cz
Fri Sep 30 20:21:21 BST 2011

Dear Sergey,

> > I can confirm this bug exists for a long time.
> Xm...
> http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-users/2008-October/009993.html
> http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-users/2008-October/010033.html
>
> I have not seen this error since 0.99.13. For 0.99.11 I used patch from
> Joakim Tjernlund. I do not see message with patch in list. I add this just
> in case, but I think that it in Qiagga's tree.

Please keep in mind that my computer is a part of proprietary CZfree network
and I do not know who is using which version of quagga.
http://mapa.czfree.net/

I have no rights, no permisions, even I cannot guess which computer is polluting
a network with wrong LSA packets.

The only solution should be to cut amount of logs to beerable rate, say one LSA
error per minute. And at the end of minute write:
"LSA checksum error repeated 600 times."

But the LSA error message should identify better a source of this packet.

regards
  Jara