[quagga-dev 9042] Re: Google changes to Quagga now available on code.google.com

Denis Ovsienko infrastation at yandex.ru
Fri Feb 10 14:57:36 GMT 2012

01.02.2012, 13:52, "Subbaiah Venkata" <svenkata at google.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> New ISIS branch is pushed to google public repository.
> http://code.google.com/p/google-quagga/source/browse/?name=is-is
>
> This branch has support for new features and bug fixes.Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hello, Subbaiah.

Thank you for publishing this work. This is the second publication in the name of Google, and the final goal, as far as I take it, is to converge the branches in foreseeable future. It will require some work on the project's side as well.

I have briefly studied the contents of commits b1b73b9 and f17b498. First of all, proofreading is hard, because changes are not isolated from each other, the change to IS-IS, BGP, library functions, zserv and indentation are mixed together. Just in case the changes were originally made and verified in some ordered way and later joined in a single commit for the sole purpose of publication, discussing the original isolated changes one at a time would help making through the merge. Is it possible?

Then, there is a series of IS-IS commits, which noone was able to verify so far:

d83bf5a
30a7558
dfafeae
b775c38
9632e3e

The commit IDs belong to quagga-RE repo only. Do you have the time and will to review these? They seem to be very closely related.

--
 Denis Ovsienko