[quagga-dev 9046] Re: Committing New Features to Master Branch?

David Lamparter equinox at diac24.net
Fri Feb 10 16:12:34 GMT 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 04:50:46PM +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> > On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 01:31:22PM -0500, Ward, David - 0663 - MITLL wrote:
> > > Part of the reason I am asking is that I also use some extensions to
> > > Quagga that are developed externally:
> > >   - OSPFv3 MDR (http://cs.itd.nrl.navy.mil/work/ospf-manet/)
> > >   - PIM SM (http://www.nongnu.org/qpimd/)
> >
> > I'm currently merging pimd to master. I've been ill the last week, so
> > it's a bit delayed, but I hope to push it in a few days.
>
> While merging new code/protocols is fun, I had the impression you would start
> merging the old patches that has been sent in over the last years which are
> sitting in the mail archive or your own patch work?

I've been carrying pimd in my trees for quite a while, it's simply the
next thing on my randomly-ordered list of things to tackle. Also, I have
a better understanding of PIM than of OSPF or BGP, having written a
(partial) PIM implementation before. Plus, Balaji's SAFI code is in and
needs testing.

And, yeah, it's more fun, and since I'm doing this out of pure altruism
(I don't even need quagga for my workplace or anything) that's a huge
point...

(Oh, if anyone wants to hire someone to work on quagga, I'm available.
And we desperately need a _dedicated_paid_maintainer_ in my opinion.
With no other obligations. Hell, even a 10hr/week job would do. I'm a
student, I'm cheap :P...)

Sorry for breaking into a rant,

-David