[quagga-dev 9063] Re: Google changes to Quagga now available on code.google.com

Subbaiah Venkata svenkata at google.com
Mon Feb 13 20:32:23 GMT 2012

Hi Denis,

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 6:57 AM, Denis Ovsienko <infrastation at yandex.ru>wrote:

> 01.02.2012, 13:52, "Subbaiah Venkata" <svenkata at google.com>:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > New ISIS branch is pushed to google public repository.
> > http://code.google.com/p/google-quagga/source/browse/?name=is-is
> >
> > This branch has support for new features and bug fixes.Please let me
> know if you have any questions.
>
> Hello, Subbaiah.
>
> Thank you for publishing this work. This is the second publication in the
> name of Google, and the final goal, as far as I take it, is to converge the
> branches in foreseeable future. It will require some work on the project's
> side as well.

Agree, converging the branches is good for all of us in the community.

> I have briefly studied the contents of commits b1b73b9 and f17b498. First
> of all, proofreading is hard, because changes are not isolated from each
> other, the change to IS-IS, BGP, library functions, zserv and indentation
> are mixed together. Just in case the changes were originally made and
> verified in some ordered way and later joined in a single commit for the
> sole purpose of publication, discussing the original isolated changes one
> at a time would help making through the merge. Is it possible?

Quagga ISIS was not in a production ready state. I have touched almost all
parts of ISIS code and it take lot of time to cherry pick and get them
reviewed one at a time. Frankly there are 100s of changes. I think a
protocol code should go into slow moving small piece meal change reviews
when it gets into a maintenance mode, which ISIS is not in that state yet.
So I suggest we merge the code, test and commit to the head.

> Then, there is a series of IS-IS commits, which noone was able to verify
> so far:
>
> d83bf5a
> 30a7558
> dfafeae
> b775c38
> 9632e3e
>
> The commit IDs belong to quagga-RE repo only. Do you have the time and
> will to review these? They seem to be very closely related.

Yes, I have some time to review Quagga changes.

> --
>  Denis Ovsienko

Subbaiah Venkata
Manager, Google Inc