[quagga-dev 9067] Re: Committing New Features to Master Branch?

Bahubali Shetti bshetti at isc.org
Tue Feb 14 04:01:32 GMT 2012

Hi David,

Thanks for the detail below. Your questions are well taken. I think the suggestions are appropriate and we (OSR) are just coming out of our "shell". We've only been in existence for about 5 months, and just finished the first battery of tests on the Quagga 99.20 code base, the google ISISd and google BGP patches. This helps us baseline the quality of the initial code base.

Our next step is to start fixing some critical bugs and then start analyzing the appropriate patches/features which should help Denis and others pull a proper release. I think your suggestions are valid, and we (the Quagga.net) community should implement them. OSR (www.opensourcerouting.org/wiki) can help organize and manage this.

Denis - can you help answer some of David's questions below - it would help us, and others help you pull a proper release.

Thanks
Bill