[quagga-dev 9074] Re: Help with specifying both gateway and ifindex in IPv4

David Lamparter equinox at diac24.net
Thu Feb 16 07:41:09 GMT 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 08:29:13AM +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> > > BTW, here is the zebra part, no idea if it still applies:
> >
> > Cool - out of genuine coincidence I just added a counterpart to
> > zsend_ipv4_nexthop_lookup (it's in the pimd merge). (Will push to a
> > separate branch of master in a bit)
>
> Why separate? If it is a new feature, nothing old should break.

There is some cleanup involved, the top 3 patches on the branch all
revert changes that pimd made to zebra that are not appropriate to be
merged and/or need to be updated.

(It defines ZEBRA_IPV4_NEXTHOP_LOOKUP_V2 to get an interface index, I'm
replacing that with ZEBRA_IPV4_SAFI_NEXTHOP_LOOKUP)

It's pushed, you can look at it. Note that it doesn't compile right now
(intentionally - #error in last commit).

> > Either way I'm interested in this as well since I have the same problem
> > with OLSR. Kernel code needs to be added to push gw+ifindex, I presume?
> > Or does that magically work as-is?
>
> Should work as is, was some time ago I added this and someone else tested it.
> Nothing broke though :)

I shall test it when I get to it. :)

David