[quagga-dev 9007] Re: Quagga project news

Denis Ovsienko infrastation at yandex.ru
Sat Jan 7 11:04:39 GMT 2012

06.01.2012, 20:31, "John Kemp" <kemp at network-services.uoregon.edu>:
> On 1/5/12 10:36 AM, Denis Ovsienko wrote:
>
>>  oncern. Quagga Release Engineering is a method of reshaping development risks in a way to match the amount of responsibility actually fed into the process. Quality of deliverables is the priority, roughly measured as uptime. As long as it is possible to execute this method based on branches of mainstream Quagga project, it will be done this way. RE-testing-0.99 and master branches are slowly converging, and once all me
>
> So to be clear, "quagga.git" will continue, and whether or not you use
> "RE-testing-0.99" or
> "quagga.git" is really up to anyone, and developers who want to support
> both of these tracks
> should submit their changes to both of them?
>
> Is that about right?

Regarding the submission process, not quite. Patch contributors used to send their fixes through either bugzilla or this mailing list. It was not required to get into specifics of branch layout to get a good patch accepted. This order of things is preserved.

Regarding the choice of which branch to deploy from, yes, everyone is free in making (or not making) this decision. I perceived the presence of this choice as critical for the project to go on, and make it available. Getting less confusion about the branches requires more convergence between master and RE-testing-0.99 (and more work).

--
    Denis Ovsienko